Engagement sessions: what to wear
When thinking about what to wear to your engagement or portrait session, there are very few rules and lots of good ideas.
- Wear something you feel comfortable in. If it's too tight, too bright, scratchy, see-though, too short, you are going to fidget through the whole session and never really get into it. Wear something that makes you feel like you.
- No matchy-matchy. You know what I'm talking about - a whole family in blue jeans and white collared shirts. It's just cheesy, y'all. Don't go there.
- Saturated colors are better than pastels or neutrals.
- Big prints are better than small ones.
- Don't go baggy. I've got some curves too, folks, and what you want to do is wear a thicker material that is still form-fitted. Baggy clothes will just make you bigger than you are.
- V-necks and collared shirts are very flattering on women - show some collarbone and neck. Avoid turtlenecks. Scarves work better.
- You've heard these before - these things are flattering: darker colors, vertical stripes.
- Ladies, bring the heels, they look fab. But make sure you bring some shoes you can walk in, too, especially if we're going to be traveling a bit.
You can see a few examples from some of my well-dressed clients on Pinterest
. Also, I'm traveling right now and promised to get this post up soon so know that I will be fixing it up some in the future when I have access to my backlog. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask